Monday, July 30, 2012

The Gift of Education


The following letter was written to S.O.U.L.’s CEO and Co-Founder, Brooke Stern, from one of the university students we sponsor.

Hi Brooke,
How are YOU and every thing you’re doing?  I know you’re spending so many sleepless nights working so much for S.O.U.L. so on that note please allow me to say that THANK YOU so much.
So, Mama Africa, every one is missing you here in Bujagali.  I got this modem from a friend and that's why I have decided to wake up this early morning to write to you before you go to bed.

Really I do not know how much I can thank you for the good things you have done for me and for my family so far. I together with my family are indeed so much happy ‘cause when I remember the situations I was passing through in order for me to get my school fees, indeed, I know I could not have made it to the university. Brooke, I only wish you the best for your life.

I don't have money but you deserve something so much better.  I will at least make sure that I do something small, not as a return for the tuition but for just appreciating.

I know that money given as school fees is so much more valuable than any other money simply because it is what makes up one's future.

I PROMISE I WILL NEVER FORGET S.O.U.L. AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE S.O.U.L.!
LONG LIVE S.O.U.L. LONG LIVE BROOKE AND LONG LIVE EVERY ONE WORKING HARD TO SEE THAT S.O.U.L. GOES AHEAD!

By: Richard, S.O.U.L.-sponsored university student

No comments:

Post a Comment